About NUE Hoops
The idea for NUE Hoops came to Tory (aka Mumma NUE) after attending a jewellery making course in East London in 2018. Now finding herself equipped with the skills to make her own earrings, she realised that interchanging charms on hoop earrings was a new idea and began to explore the concept more thoroughly. The notion grew and the desire to create a playful and empowering brand drove Tory to discuss her idea with her two daughters, Emily and Camilla. In early 2019 after exploration and discussion of the concept, the three women agreed to join forces and make Tory’s idea a reality. Equipped with the same entrepreneurial spirit that runs in the family, as well as strong skills in marketing and finance, the girls were inspired to set up the business with their mother.
We exist to empower people to create their own beautiful jewellery at an affordable price point. We want to reach as many people as we can with this possibility, so that anyone can be empowered to curate their own personalised jewellery collection in a savvy and practical way.
Why we’re recruiting
We grew dramatically in 2020. We’re now looking for someone to support our Marketing and Partnerships efforts helping us to maintain our social presence, reach new people and develop our brand presence.
Reporting into Camilla, our Marketing and Partnerships Lead, the candidate will ideally start on a freelance basis and be open to working flexibly. The perfect candidate would be someone with strong graphic design and social media skills who works on a freelance basis.
What we need
We’d love someone who is enthusiastic about our business and passionate about helping us to maintain and expand our social media presence. You’ll have the ability to think creatively, develop content for social media and images for email and our website, executing these using your graphic design skills in Photoshop and other programmes.
- Using our promotional and content strategy; plan and create the content for our social calendar across Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest; working closely with Camilla to develop this and come up with new content as well as be able to execute it and manage it.
- Be responsible for setting up and publishing content across social channels, ensuring it is posted at the right times, is on-brand and without spelling mistakes.
- Interact with our existing and wider community to maintain our existing relationships as well as develop new ones, proactively taking part in campaigns.
- When needed, video and photography shoots will be done working with professionals. However, you should be able to produce straightforward content and prepare images and videos to a good standard, and be excited about developing your skills in this area if they’re not already proficient.
- Image editing - prepare images for our website and emails as well as social media, manage photo exports, size images and organise our inventory of images.
- YouTube - develop ideas for video content and execute basic video content.
- Support and input into the planning of photoshoots and video shoots, developing and sharing content ideas.
- Customer services management - you will need to respond to and if required, escalate customer queries as we work on a solution to centralise these. Training will be provided for this.
Your skills & experience
- Ideally educated to degree level but this is not a requirement.
- Photoshop and design skills are a must. You must be proficient in Photoshop as well as any other programmes you might like to use (e.g. Canva or other apps).
- Exporting and preparing images, gifs and videos for web, social and other platforms will be a core aspect to the role.
- You should be used to basic photo editing such as touching up photos, cutting out, exporting to correct dimensions, file sizes and file types for different mediums.
- You must be able to create Gifs and have basic video editing skills and be familiar with apps and tools to help you do this.
- Social media experience is a must. Working on campaigns on platforms including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and TikTok and being very familiar with all the tools, processes and features in at least 3 of these platforms.
- Video editing skills are a must. Ideally you would have some knowledge of Adobe Premiere Rush or an equivalent programme. This can be basic, but you need to be able to produce and edit video content.
- Strong communications skills with grammar and writing skills - you must have a good command of the english language and a close eye for detail.
- An understanding of our brand, look and feel and tone of voice is essential.
- Strong design skills are preferable.
- Knowledge of InDesign is a plus.
- Customer service experience is a plus.
Practical details about the job
- We’re expecting this role to be approximately 14 - 19 hours per week. Some weeks this may be less, some it may be more.
- You will be required to check-in on social platforms every day including on Saturdays and Sundays.
- This role will ideally be a freelance position where you will have your own equipment (laptop etc.).
- Ideally you would be based in London and willing to have face-to-face meetings with Camilla as we get you up and running. These can be socially distanced and we will do everything we can to ensure that they are delivered in a COVID-19 safe way.
- The role consists mostly of remote working, with some face-to-face work as we develop images and campaign content and ideas, plan and develop content together.
Pay & benefits
- Depending on your skills and experience the day/ hour rate will be negotiable.
- We offer a generous team discount on all jewellery.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work autonomously, helping to influence our brand development and business growth.
- You’ll be part of a small, friendly and fun team working for an independent brand that is growing.
How to apply
- You should apply for this role by submitting the following:
- Your CV and/or portfolio
- A short covering letter or covering email note
- Links to any content you’ve produced recently that you’re proud of (if applicable)
- Details of social media accounts you already run (if applicable)
- Please email your application with the subject line: Social Media Producer Job application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- *UPDATE* - due to the high number of responses we'll be closing the deadline early. It was Sunday 24th January, it will now be Sunday 17th January.